Friday, June 7, 2019

Showers, Cows & Startling Fawn!

My mid-day rain walk was dog free
Big brown dog, not sure where he be
He was at the house when I got back
So he missed the tiny fawn fright attack
Baby deer, half Breyer's size sat
'Til I was 12 feet from where she was at
Then she bolted
My heart was jolted
WHOA!
So cute all spotted and small
Never saw mom at all
Another startle came along quick
Cattle gang near the fence they stick
Getttin' out of the rain, pretty slick
But, I was look down at ground
Instead of all around
And, suddenly COWS!
We all did a momentary, WOW!
I slowed to a crawl
Telling them, "easy y'all"
No one jumped, no one bolted
Just, again, my heart, slightly jolted!

Finally got bird feeders out
Sleeping late, rain; reason no doubt
Complex weather mess stuck in southeast
High to north, cut-off Low, gentle rain at least
Gonna be rain chances next few days
Standard of late: rain & humid haze
Will miss moon 'tween Leo & Gemini
Clear skies, see if you can spy
Very few quakes on planet today
NONE in Indonesia, lots up Alaska way
Never know how Earth's gonna play
But, you know what I'm gonna say
There's nothing but change coming
Today On Earth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment