Tuesday, December 18, 2018

'Twas the Week Before Xmas!

A cool start and bright sun is rapidly warming the tire house so I'm going to finish my coffee and take the easy way out on the blog today... here's a Holladay take on a seasonal classic I shared at Board of Supervisor meeting last night to both thank and remind them that we are willing to help but are also watching much more closely these days.

Twas the week before Christmas and folks were feeling quite grand
Not a protester was stirring, wise men hadn’t spent millions on land
While stockings were hung, in hopes of filling with cheer
Some were not going to be filled with tax dollars this year
I know I’m sleeping better, relaxed in my bed
Without mega-site visions dancing in my head
But, what happens now, beyond all the clatter
How to proceed on the issues that really do matter
We’d all like internet that works in a flash
That might be worthy of spending some cash
And, water is coming to Ferncliff we know
Then on to Zion Crossroads it’s going to go
But, what if at Shannon Hill it does appear
Residential growth is what you seem to fear
With cheap, easy water, growth could be quick
But, you agree that would make our tax base quite sick
Yet you’ve heard ideas from the speakers that came
From all corners of the county, first stating our name
Now Bumpass, now Zion, now Gum Spring and Cuckoo
On Mineral, on Louisa, on Quail and Gordonsville, too
To the top by the Lake, and down 64 way
We came, concerned and all had our say
While often we forgot to say thanks to each of you
For your time, consideration and the hard work that you do
And, reminding us to stay involved and show up right here
Well, I’m back to say my offer of help is sincere
And, while I look ridiculous in my earring and hat
Serious dialogue and sustainable growth’s where I’m at
How will we get there, fast growth or slow
Some many ideas, so many ways we can go
Again, thanks for not having made up your mind
Honest representation in America’s sometimes hard to find
So, I’ll be laying a finger aside of my nose
No chimney trick just a standard close
But, let me exclaim, for now, and I’ll get out of your sight
Happy Holladay’s to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment