Saturday, November 24, 2018

Mo' Rain!

The earth was filled with water again
For 2018, that's the way it's been
Another inch and a half of rain today
With runoff, runoff, every which a'way
Streams, rivers, the ground all flushed
Downward, ocean bound, water rushed
With sewage and trash, poisons and drugs
And, sediment and soil, such polluting mugs
We humans use and trash the planet, SO!
Can't see it from my house, don't need to know!
It ain't happening, 'at's what I believe
Not my fault, problem, can't conceive 
But, the water doesn't listen to us
Not concerned with all our fuss
The Earth couldn't care less
About all our nasty mess
In a million years, Earth will be here
Future humans? That remains unclear
So, enjoy your ride, it's all you get
Sun or clouds, hot or cold, dry or wet
Take your chances, place your bet
How do we assure future goals are met?
Be nice, do more and eat less
Say thanks and clean up your mess
Need and buy less, share a smile
Take a nap, relax for awhile
Life is short, but, oh, what a blast
Dream of the future, smile at the past
Give me a hollar, we outta talk
You can't friend me, I'm on facebalk
I hope you, like I, walked in the rain
Another fun day, some much to gain
Trying to get out of life, all that it's worth
Another wild exploration, Today On Earth!!


No comments:

Post a Comment