Friday, November 23, 2018

A Wahoo Choke On A Cold, Grey Day!

Not sure if today put retailers in the black
But, likely billions more debt went into the sack
Of the American shopper today
Spend, spend, spend, off with your pay
While instead of shopping I went to the vet
To help my big dog, medicine I did get
Then, warm the house, hunkered down in the grey
On a very cold and damp November day
And, all while I typed I listened to rhymes
Not just a little but all of the times
From the pen of the amazing Dr. Seuss
And his tale of a Grinch and all of the Who's
So his rhymes go in and these rhymes come out
To tell of volcanoes, quakes, weather I shout
About Today on Earth, 'case you want to know
Just what's up on the planet, how'd it all go
Yes, volcanoes are still erupting all round the Ring
While quakes numbers were low, but, here's the thing
Change is still coming, tomorrow's back to wet
Not what we really need, but what we'll all get
And, more sadly, after a long, quiet ride up I-81
For all Wahoo's tomorrow, no glimmer of sun
With two turnovers late, a chance to put down the hammer
Their coach wimped out, let's put the offense on stammer
And, stammer they did, a choke for the ages
Utter collapse, overtime, a fumble, fan rages
While in Blacksburg, they're laughing and partying on
"Can you believe it, we thought our bowl string was gone"
Well, I guess it was truly a Black Friday
In C'ville, the horror, On Earth Today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment