Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Half A Year..Bit O Luck!

Timing, yesterday
Overcharge, flat tire, came my way
But, dealing with overcharge
Slowed my homeward barge
Put a good Samaritan in my path
Certainly, calmed my wrath
Had a pump to plug into lighter
My bad time became brighter
Added just enough air to flat
Get to Kenny's where fix was at
Caught up with my neighbor
Supplied tires for my house labor
Quickly plugged the hole
Left me ready to roll
Be sure to tell his kids I say hi
And, to my insurance guy
Pass on a hi to his wife
Fave from my teacher life
So much good in USA
Sometimes it gets pushed away
Everyone that came my way
Made yesterday
A very lucky day
Many thanks, to all
Of y'all!!

Half of 2020 has caromed by
Looky, looky, it's July
This Hunt's catsup of years
Has confirmed all our fears
We're still racist & unprepared
With a prez mentally impaired
Unwilling & unable
To sit at reality's table
We seem A-OK
With a normal yesterday..
Another 600+ Americans dead
Russian bounties for US head
Temps rise, permafrost melt
Global warming, already felt
Droughts, few months, now years
Every storm, more rain appears
9 1/2 years to go, but it seems
2020's not a decade of dreams
Meanwhile..
Today On Earth
Watching sparrow collect dog hair
Nest construction primary care
Then back in for more seed
Birds: take care of basic need
Ain't sitting around waiting
All adapting or migrating
Here in central VA
Pretty decent day
So, far
But, sliding Low could mar
Low humidity, rain free scene
T'storms are what it could mean
Hit or miss, the July way
As heat rises throughout the day
Quakes today, weak & only a few
Solar activity, up a notch or two
Comet NEOWISE getting bright
Mid-month could be in sight
Or it could be cooked by the sun..
Welcome to July, summer fun!!
Today On Earth
Don't be a fool
Stay cool
Keep safe, be smart
Mask up, stay apart
T O E


No comments:

Post a Comment