Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Heading North

Heading north, dodging rain
Back out on the road, again
Reality rears its ugly head
Driving in America, semi-dread
Cruise control, most don't use
Signals, mirrors seem to confuse
Texting, talking and stuffing food
Clueless and selfish with attitude
Me, I want to pick a speed
Left lane to pass when I need
Cuz I want to stay out of your way
So you have a fine ole day
Main focus, attention when we drive
Then we all can stay alive
Had a lovely time on my southern stay
Looking forward to next trip this way
Alas, it's time to put on socks
I know they're not cool with crocs
But my toes don't like the cold
And, with little hair you can't be bold
So I'll have a hat close by today
And sweater and jacket not far away
Time to load up the car 
I know a dog will not be far
That rascal knows what's going down
Abandoned once, owners just left town
How could they leave this boy behind
Their loss, for me, what a find
Now I know he's a road tripping dog
But, time to wind down this blog
Have a fine day, we'll chat soon
Or step outside, check out the moon
Waning crescent rising late
But, more blogging have to wait
Get out, Today on Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment