Friday, November 22, 2019

Rain Arrives, Sky Show Blocked!

The forecast rain has begun
Looking like 2 days of wet fun
Temps are still quite mild
Leaf fall is back to wild
Oak leaves still holding on
Couple'a weeks they'll be gone

No sky show here last night
Clouds blocking all the sights
Reports: meteor storm was not
Venus & Jupiter looking hot
Next time I'm likely to see
Sunday, be as close as they will be
Turkey day, crescent moon will join in
Take a walk 'n see, after your stuffin'

Just got suet out into the yard
Woodpeckers squawking at me hard
East cistern is already overflowing
From the little rain so far showing
Folks first seem to think me insane
Got no well, living off the rain
Still half full after month of drought
I use it, but wisely, no doubt
Just off the roof? let me explain
750 gallons for every inch of rain
Lot of rain falls from the sky
With every storm passing by
Sun & water cycle, why we are here
But, again, let me make it clear
The Earth still don't care
About our presence here

Lots of little clusters of quakes
Central America with the shakes
Japan with lot of rock shiftin'
Indonesia still plate driftin'
Puerto Rico & California
Got quakes, don't have to warn ya
In OK, fracking path they're taking
Gas is cheap but Earth a'shaking
But, there is no economy
If on a dead planet, you be

I wish that I could hear a plan
And, not just about where they stand
Just saying, "I'm a republican"
Is just a statement, not a plan
Want no change, no women's rights
Claim safer with more guns in sight
Anti-abortion, prayer in schools
Claim prez not bound by the rules
But, all his buddies now in jail
Have to hope justice will prevail

How about a rhyme
About our local slime
Local guy mcguire, wouldn't tell
What we already knew well
Not hoping to serve his term
On to congress, wants to squirm
His platform, I was a navy seal
He's a dad, his other deal
Again, just statements, not a plan
Running on, "I'm a republican"
War against Dems, they all scream
Dems gonna ruin their fascist dream
Freedom through control
Is how they roll
Make America White Again
Battle cry of a Republican
How's that working for ya?
Today On Earth









No comments:

Post a Comment